You can watch YouTube on your TV no matter what kind of TV you have. Don’t be disappointed if you have an older TV model. The action of casting your YouTube screen from your device to your TV can be possible. Casting is necessary when you want to watch a video exclusively available on YouTube with the advantages of a wider screen. Here are some methods that you might want to try.
Cast YouTube on Your Non-Smart TV
Your non-smart TV doesn’t have an in-built Internet connection. But such a thing doesn’t have to stop you from enjoying YouTube on your big old screen. Lots of streaming services can offer you a smooth YouTube experience on TV. These are Amazon Fire TV stick, Roku, or Chromecast.
They’re easy to install and customize. First, you should be sure which streaming service meets your needs since most of them come with their benefits. Whether you chose the Roku or Chromecast, for example, the mechanics are almost the same. Be sure to have both the TV and smartphone/tablet connected to the same Wi-Fi network for the best results:
- Connect the sticks to the HDMI port (see the back of your TV);
- Power them up via the USB cable;
- You should get an Internet connection when you’re done;
- Select the YouTube app on your device to open it;
- Tap on the Cast icon;
- Enjoy your YouTube experience on your TV;
Amazon Fire and Roku came with their remote controls. For Chromecast, you can convert your device and utilize it as a remote.
Cast YouTube on Your Smart TV
If your TV already has an Internet connection, then all the process of casting YouTube will be more accessible. Here is what you have to do:
- Connect your smart TV to Wi-Fi;
- Open YouTube on your device;
- Spot the Cast icon and tap on it;
- Enjoy your YouTube experience;
And that’s how to cast YouTube on your TV, regardless you own a non-smart TV or a smart TV.